Seeing the Light – a WORKSHOP on Technique and Artistry
In partnership with the beautiful Ayr Sailean accommodation, I am pleased to announce a photographic workshop that is aimed at demystifying the photographic process.
The journey will be a tutored, live in, 2 day workshop. Lee Griffith Photography (that’s me) will be on hand to lead and advise on all things photographic.
There is a reason we take pictures – we see or are moved by something. We want to record that moment.
Have you ever had trouble translating what you saw in your minds eye, and turning that vision into that fantastic image?
Aimed at the beginner to intermediate Digital SLR user, this course will explain how your camera works, and how to use it!
One of the most important factors in photography is the ability to ‘see light’. This course will show you how to ‘see light’ and how it affects the image!
The course with cover topics including:
- Learn how to use the 3 most important DSLR features CORRECTLY – Aperture – Shutter – Focus.
- Composition and how to use it to your advantage.
- Which lens and why.
- Exposure, light and it’s effect on the picture.
- Ways to tell a story through pictures.
- Travel to nearby beautiful locations to take images and put what we are learning into practice.
- Editing in Lightroom.
- Ask away – your Digital SLR questions answered.
WHEN: This workshop will run from 5pm Friday October 17th to Sunday 19th.
Starting at 5:00 pm on Friday afternoon with a meet and greet, a nice meal and a wine if you are interested, all day Saturday and finishing up at 2:00 pm Sunday.
PRICING WITH ACCOMMODATION:
- Studio Spa Chalet $495;
- Wool Cottage $420;
- Camp Ground Cabin $360;
- Own camp or Day Visit $310.
- All fully catered and transport to location shots included.
- Accommodation on twin share basis.
Head over to www.ayrsailean.com for details of the different types of accommodation on offer.
- All meals – from Dinner Friday evening to lunch on Sunday.
- Accommodation at level chosen.
- Bus Transport for the Saturday field trip
- Tuition from a professional photographer with 15 years of experience in the media and commercial industry.
Limited places are available to give maximum benefit to participants.
A deposit of $200 is required to secure a place at this workshop.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your camera and lenses of course!
- Battery chargers.
- Spare camera cards.
- Laptop if you have one.
- Wet weather gear and sturdy walking shoes.
A minimum number of 10 people is required to run this course. In the event that we don’t get minimum numbers, deposits will be FULLY refunded.